Re: [Protux-devel] First Approach Revised

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] First Approach Revised
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:24:27 +0200

Luciano Giordana wrote:
> > BTW:
> > Some news where to  put the Protux homepage since savannah don't have PHP
> > support? David?
>
> Well on this we have a point. The savannah administration is pretty easy, and
> have
> a great visibility to the project (you can even find it already on google).
> If we
> put somewhere else, we loose visibility (check about groslhalight.com, I
> added it
> several times on yahoo and google, but they just dont put on their database,
> and it cannot be
> found yet on searches)
>
> The question is.. do we really need php ? Of course that would be great, but
> at the cost
> to loose savannah visibility, I dont think that is worth enough. Maybe we
> could just
> use css to make a good appearance of site, but using only static page (that
> for most time
> it is just we need)

i could provide web-space on a server having php, if the rest of the
project (that means downloads, CVS and mailing-lists) stays on savannah.
but i don't think that it will be possible to keep the url in this case,
so we would loose visibility (but google and other bots are regularly
'visiting' my server)

but i don't see why it would be necessary to use php on this site, there
is nothing which needs to be generated dynamically... it's possible to
do real nice sites using only plain html (even without css ;-)...
and in any case, it's always possible to use php to generate static
pages, which can then be uploaded to savannah...

uhhh... for which release will it be www.protux.org ?

Martin