Re: [Protux-devel] Still segfault problems...

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Still segfault problems...
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:55:55 +0200

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 04:31, Luciano Giordana wrote:
> > It calls AudioClip::set_progress, where the progress value is updated to
> > the newest value. And there it segfaults!
>
> yeap.. progress bars always do that.. I think this is something related to
> qApp->processEvents... we had this problem in the past.. I will check this
> by makeing long recordings...

Hm, I'm not using qApp->processEvents() in Peak anymore. But after some more
test (some modifications, again segfaults) I decided to disable it in CVS as
the process indication wasn't functional for peakbuildOnTheFly, so it doesn't
make any difference if I disable it for peakBuildOnTheFly.
The peakbuildonthefly is very fast on a (relatively) new computer (>800 MHz
CPU) so the peaksbuild indication  will even not be visible for relatively
small recordings (< 10 - 15 minutes)

Greets,

Remon

P.S.
Since today I'm a proud owner of a baroque lute. Hmm, difficult, learning to
play this instrument and working on protux....Where to spend my time on...
We'll see how this will evolve ;-)