[Protux-devel] still alive

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Protux-devel] still alive
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:56:20 +0200

Hej all !

just wanted to say that i'm still alive, even if my non-presence in the Protux
team could let you doubt about it...

still got much over 100 unread mails in my protux folder, but at least this
weekend i managed to do a cvs checkout... what i didn't have time for for a
long time.

i'm still in the army (4 weeks left), and after that i'll have to find a job...
that means that until i find one i'll have time to work for Protux ;-)

i don't know what needs to be done most urgently, but i think i'll go again on
autostuffing... adding the long awaited ogg/vorbis lib checks for example.

Luciano wrote a long time ago (2 month... shame on me):
------
Hi,

I need to libmustux (and protux?) configure scripts to check for these headers

vorbis/codec.h
vorbis/vorbisenc.h
vorbis/vorbisfile.h

which are parte of libvorbis0-devel package

if they are present in the system

#define LIBVORBISDEVEL_AVAILABLE

is defined so MustuxAudioFileFormats::OggFile class is compiled to support ogg
files read-only

if the headers are not present, a warning is displayed ( like  "OGG support
will not be compiled" ) but the compilation follows normally
------

i'll try to work on that asap.
got a laptop now, but there are problems with alsa... it compiles, installs and
loads fine, but neither alsactl, alsamixer, protux nor any other applications
manages to open the sound card, even if it is present under /proc/asound...
but that's not a big problem to work on autostuff...

i'll try what i can, but can't promise i'll have time to do anything before the
25th of october...

thanks for all the work !

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch