Re: [Protux-devel] Savannah is Back!!

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Savannah is Back!!
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:25:33 +0100

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:24:29 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > cf my other mail...
>
> Sorry, I have read it, but could not make gpa run at my machine.. do you have
> a simple command line example of gpg to generate the key ? I tried, but it
> asks something like "go ahead, type the message"... what message ?

you have to launch gpg with the --gen-key option:
$ gpg --gen-key
and then answer the questions. I would keep the default for key-type and
bit-depth... you'll have to give your name and your main email adresse, and
you'll have to supply a passphrase as well. The private part of the key will be
encrypted, and you'll only be able to access the private key through this
passphrase (it's like the ssh passphrase). If you don't supply a passphrase
(empty passphrase), your private key will be stored in cleartext on your
computer.
After that has been accomplished, i recommend to export the public part with
$ gpg -a -o luciano.asc --export luciano
(or whatever you gave as your name when creating the key).
Then upload the content of luciano.asc on your savannah profile, and post it on
the list so we'll have it too (it is also recommended to upload it to a
key-server).

> I've done, and re-generated the keys, and re-uploaded. now waiting for
> savannah cronjob.

hopefully it will be ok now...

/Martin