Re: [Protux-devel] Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Re: MustuxAudioFileFormat
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:04:05 +0100

Hi,

I lost some of the mails send last week, but if I understand well, you
(Martin) are doing some coding on the import functions?

Most of these files are later (if not all) scanned to make a peak file for
representation. If the import process should pas the data to
"Peak::process_samples_from_buffer" then we only have to read it once from
hard disk instead of twice. The import process will be slower, but the
overall import time will decrease.
I had this idea in mind for a long time allready, but it wasn't trivial to
code it with the current import code :-(

If you think this is something usefull you can maybe have it in mind while
working on this code.

Best wishes,

Remon