pspp-dev

Re: Configure: "Cannot compute sizeof(short)" on Solaris v 9

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Configure: "Cannot compute sizeof(short)" on Solaris v 9
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:16:06 +0000

You have the same problem I had: The dynamic loader cannot find
libgsl. Here is the relevant line in config.log:

configure:13354: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lgnugetopt -lgsl -lgslcblas -lgmp -lplot -lm  >&5
configure:13357: $? = 0
configure:13359: ./conftest
ld.so.1: ./conftest: fatal: libgsl.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: 26289 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext

You should be able to fix this by telling the loader where libgsl
is:

        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/where/you/put/libgsl

although this did not work on the idiosyncratic ukato.freeshell.org.

-Jason