qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code

From: Kyle Hayes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:04:36 -0700

On Monday 31 May 2004 08:49, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> > I am trying to get SVGA graphics modes to work under Windows 98.
> > Currently, the only known way of accomplishing this is to install SDD
> > 7 beta, which is a 21 day test version, along with some obscure VxD
> > file. I'd prefer to fix the VBE support and be able to run SDD 6.53,
> > which is free.
>
> For the 21 days period - just kick out from the start-up the SDD stuff
> (you don't need it anyway) with msconfig...
>
> See my User Guide ("HOWTO") at:
> http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/howto/qemu-win98-howto.html (I'll
> probably finish it tommorow although I don't know whatever to write
> TUN/TAP explanation)..

Wow Hetz!  This is great!

Is there any chance of getting these kinds of HOWTOs linked from the main
site?  I've got a fairly good archive of the mailing list, but it is
becoming harder to find things like this in it (too many messages).  The
main HOWTO is great, but I think that other HOWTOs would be good to add as
well.

Best,
Kyle