qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VGA BIOS source code
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:55:25 +0200

For the 21 days period - just kick out from the start-up the SDD stuff (you don't need it anyway) with msconfig...

Sure you can do that. But first of all, I want a legally clean solution (no trial version, but a truly free one) and second, I simply want to fix the bug ;).

See my User Guide ("HOWTO")

I have had a look at your guide. Good job making QEMU accessible to newbies. One thing you might want to change is the way hard disk images are created though. Using qemu-mkcow is much more space-efficient than dd, as it will not fill 1GB of your hard drive with useless zeros if that space is not allocated by the guest operating system.

- Bartosz