qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?

From: René Korthaus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:50:44 +0200

Am 31.08.2004 um 22:27 schrieb Fabrice Bellard:

About the GUI, as I said earlier, I would be delighted if someone submitted a GTK and/or a win32 GUI directly integrated in QEMU - I tend to dislike the 'frontend' approach.

I have to admit that I am rather sceptical about this point. In my opinion that could split development of future versions of QEMU and threaten a main feature of QEMU - the platform-indepedence. I am currently working on a GUI for Mac OS X and I have to admit, too, that always working "around" the QEMU binary is not a long-time solution. A short-time solution which works for me is getting and installing QEMU for the user automatically.

I think it's difficult to find a final solution here, but keep working on QEMU. You do a great job.

Greetings