qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] rfb patch and mouse movement

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] rfb patch and mouse movement
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:41:09 +0400

G'day all,

I have shoehorned the latest rfb patch
http://libvncserver.sourceforge.net/qemu/qemu-rfb9.patch.gz
into the latest CVS Qemu. I'm having a few issues at the moment with mouse calibration under Windows XP. (A few issues with keypresses not being passed on also, but I'm sure that is entirely to do with the way I have integrated the patch)

I recall at some point, someone was working on emulating a synaptic touchpad to enable non-relative mouse input. I was having a think. Years ago I wrote some windows userspace drivers for touchscreens. MicroTouch and ELOTouch from memory. I still have the code around somewhere.

It worked by taking the data from the touchscreen, running it through the relevant calibration routines and sending windows absolute mouse movement messages. It worked rather well.

What I was thinking was perhaps emulating a serial port touchscreen, which would work with any OS that had support for one of those screens. A serial port being dead easy to accurately emulate and the touchscreen protocols are super simple to work with. Only hitch being you only get a single button to play with. Perhaps we could use the touchscreen for movement only and send clicks over the ps2 interface.

Just a wildly meandering thought as I struggle to make this session of qemu with vnc workable with Windows XP.

Thoughts?

Brad