qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hyperthreading in the VM host

From: Julian Chesterfield
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hyperthreading in the VM host
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:52:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hello, I'm still familiarising myself with the Qemu application and code,
so apologies if this query has already been addressed or is
inappropriate here!

My understanding is that Qemu does not support hyperthreading in the host
OS. I'm wondering what the arguments are for and against such support. Is it
in fact architecturally feasible and could there potentially be any performance
gain?

Thanks!
Julian