qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:07:46 +0100

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

I'm also curious as to your opinion on glib.  I've noticed several
places in the code where qemu has reimplimented several things that
would be much simpler to just use glib for (with its wide os-independant
support).  Particularly: string functions, error reporting, main loops,
memory allocation, etc.  As a test, I've been going through qemu-img.c
converting it to glib.  So far I've got about 100 lines less code and
I'm only a quarter of the way through the file.  Do you have any
objections to a glib dependency?

Nathaniel

I wouldn't mind a glibc-build-time-dependency, but a runtime dependency would be really bad imho, as right now you can start qemu from a very stripped-down system just by its binary. But I agree with Fabrice that keeping as little dependencies as possible is a good thing.

Jan