qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio cd's in guest OS

From: Mike Swanson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio cd's in guest OS
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:40:27 -0800

I've found on systems where traditional rippers don't work (eg,
cdparanoia), CDFS has a greater chance of ripping the CDs (by default
into WAV, but you can enable an option to rip it in the pure CDDA
format if you want). It requires patching the Linux source, so if you
aren't experienced with compiling your own kernel, then it might not
be the best option.

http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

If you get it to work, then you may use LAME, oggenc, FLAC, or
whatever to encode the audio tracks into your favorite format (mp3,
Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC in my examples).