qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] I want to add the ARMv6 instructions, who can give some

From: John R.
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] I want to add the ARMv6 instructions, who can give some advices?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:42:47 -0700

On 6/7/06, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Basing work on the gcc/binutils code doesn't help me either because I
> > wrote most of that code in the first place :-)
>
> Since the idea is for someone else do it, that doesn't matter.
>
> I'm wondering why, if it were done, it would be a problem for you to
> contribute in future in the areas which you contribute to now.

Because a large proportion of my contributions, and most of my interest is in
this area.

Paul

No one wants to lose your effort on the ARM port. For the most part
you are the ARM port. Have you talked to an IP or contract lawyer
about the issue? There's your liability and another issue is liability
for the project or copyright issues. It is interesting to know how far
both go and how they relate.  To my mind this just seems pretty
murkey. Yes the best solution would be a pass from ARM but everyone
knows that isn't going to happen.

-- John.