qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] No useful documentation.

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] No useful documentation.
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:16:21 +0100

On Wed, 2006-05-07 at 17:00 -0700, Mike Swanson wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 July 2006 15:01, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > Yes, but the doc doesn't, for example, explain how you are supposed to
> > put a bootable image in "file". This is addressed by the excellent
> > tutorial.
> >
> > This is the sort of thing that might be obvious to you in hindsight
> > (you're very involved in qemu) but won't be to a lot of people who are
> > technically competent, but don't already know qemu.
>
> It doesn't require any involvement to understand,

I didn't say it required involvement to understand. I understand it now,
and it only took 1 sentence to explain it. But that sentence really has
to be in the documentation, and where it can be found.

You are confusing complexity with poor documentation. Qemu is not hard
to use, it is poorly documented. Big difference. The way qemu works is
not at all obvious, it needs to be explained, even if the explanation
only takes 1 paragraph.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the