qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs gcc4

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs gcc4
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:54:56 -0600

> As I said before, the x86 target is a hybrid of the new and old code. ie. if
> it didn't work before it probably won't work after. configure
> with --target-list=m68k-user and it should work fine with gcc4.
>
> Paul

I need a x86 instruction set simulator that can step-by-step execute
could and allow me access to the internals. This is why I have looked at
qemu because of a recommendation from a developer of Ptlsim. It was
suggested that qemu would be lighter weight for what I need. So what do
you suggest I use for a x86 instruction set simulator?

Stephen
--
PhD. Student
Auburn University