qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bugs in the VDI Block Device Driver

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bugs in the VDI Block Device Driver
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:49:39 +0100

Am 19.02.2011 17:21, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Chunqiang Tang <address@hidden> wrote:
I applied FVD's fully automated testing tool to the VDI block device
driver and found several bugs. Some bugs are easy to fix whereas others
need some thoughts on design. Therefore, I thought you might be able to
handle the bugs better than me. These bugs occur only if I/O errors or
aio_cancel are injected, and hence are not that critical. If VDI is meant
for read-only image format conversion, then these bugs are "ok". If write
is enabled in VDI, these bugs may corrupt data. FVD's testing tool
discovered these bugs because it automatically injects errors and race
conditions, and performs exhaustive randomized tests. Below is a list of
the bugs.

Thanks for this detailed list. vdi is there for conversion and not a
high priority for me, but I have filed it as a bug so it is not
forgotten:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/721825

Stefan

Hi Stefan (H.),

the bug report was for me, and I'm already looking after it.

Regards,
Stefan (W.)