qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-01-29

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-01-29
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:49:35 +0100

On 28.01.2013, at 15:14, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> Juan Quintela <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.
>
> - Outstanding virtio work for 1.4
>   - Multiqueue virtio-net (Amos/Michael)
>   - Refactorings (Fred/Peter)
>   - virtio-ccw (Cornelia/Alex)

- What's the plan for -device and IRQ assignment?

We need to start coming up with a solution to connect irq lines between cmdline
created devices and interrupt controllers. Currently, I'm aware of 2 potential
users

  - virtio-mmio
  - device assignment on platform devices

I see 2 options:

  - create a new platform bus that enumerates IRQs linearly, similar to how the
ISA bus works
  - allow arbitrary irq pin connection using a global pin namespace

Alex