qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:21:18 -0300

On 03/05/2013 01:14 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
   Hi,

I don't think we have *any* regular autotest coverage for master, have
we?

^ Yes, there is coverage. There's a daily job called sanity that takes
about 2.5 hours, that builds the latest kvm.git and installs it in the
host, then reboots the box, builds the latest qemu master and runs:

Oh, good.  I guess it would be a good idea to send reports to
qemu-devel, maybe a weekly status or mails on regressions simliar to the
buildbot build failures.  So people (a) aware that the service exists in
the first place and (b) get informed that something broke which should
be fixed.

No doubt, I did try that before, but from my experience, the reports are likely to be ignored and people will complain about SPAM.

So we ended up creating an internal mailing list where Gleb and Marcelo are subscribed to, in case they want to look at the reports, and I'd look at the reports and report on the ML in case something bad happens.