qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 12:27:33 +0200

Alexander Graf <address@hidden> writes:

  There's a certain chance that happens, yes. We don't have instruction
  test suites for the PPC target.

There certainly are more bugs.  GMP still crashes all over the place.
I have semi-isolated one more.

Extracted stand-alone sources:

Asm code generated on gcc110 from the source file:

Generate executable and execute:

gcc -m32 -mpowerpc64 bug-qemu-ppc-again.s && ./a.out

This runs silently as it should on real hardware.  Under qemu (from
2013-05-02 plus the rldcl patch) I incorrectly get the error message:

GMP_NUMB_CEIL_MAX_DIV3 too small

This seems reproducible every time, unlike most qemu bugs that hit GMP.
I haven't isolated this bug to a single instruction, but if rldcl was
untested, expecting all of there here used rldicl rldimi rlwinm to be
tested is perhaps over-optimistic?

--
Torbjörn