qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribution - L2TPv3 - resubmit
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:35:00 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 12:45:30PM +0100, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.03.2014 12:20, schrieb Anton Ivanov (antivano):
> > This is a functional driver which will interoperate versus most L2TPv3
> > implementations. It cannot be split into smaller patches - this is an
> > entire transport.
> [snip]
>
> Please see http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch - in particular
> the patch should be sent as inline text rather than as attachment (so
> that we can comment inline on it), also it is missing a Signed-off-by
> (without it patches cannot get accepted) and the commit message should
> be suitable for committing. Any other text can go into a cover letter
> 0/1 or below --- line. You also forgot to CC the net maintainer.

Besides the guidelines on the wiki a quick tip:

Dry run git-send-email(1) by sending to your own email address first.
Pick patch at random on the QEMU mailing list and compare whether the
structure/style matches yours.

Once you're ready, send to address@hidden and CC
address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden

If you get stuck, feel free to hop on #qemu on irc.oftc.net and we can
chat about how to configure git-send-email(1).

Stefan