qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:15:27 +0200

On Fr, 2014-07-18 at 23:53 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Il 18/07/2014 22:12, Paolo Bonzini ha scritto:
> > Il 18/07/2014 19:14, Dr. David Alan Gilbert ha scritto:
> >> * Dr. David Alan Gilbert (address@hidden) wrote:
> >> (confirmed by running each twice)
> >> and :
> >> b18a990c - good
> >> cab00a5aa - good
> >>
> >> This is squashfs on a livecd falling apart after migration.
> >
> > Can you give precise reproduction instructions before leaving?  Which OS
> > is being installed?
>
> Got it now from your other message, it's Fedora 20 live.  I guess it's
> just about migrating the image while it's loading and/or running.

Yep.  I have a script[1] doing ping-pong live migration on localhost.
To check out live migration issues I either use a live iso, or do a
fresh install of the guest triggering the issues, with ping-pong live
migration already running during the install.

Any attempt to install fedora doesn't come very far, neither from iso
nor via pxe from network, with all sorts of strange guest behavior
(anaconda crashing or reporting corrupted repodata for example).  Dave
found squashfs errors in the guests kernel log, which explains why
anaconda is crashing.

cheers,
  Gerd

[1] attached.