qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for vi

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for virglrenderer.
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:08:30 +0100

  Hi,

> > In order to use this feature, we need to create a gles context.
> > This series add an option (`-display sdl,gles=on`) in the SDL display to
> > create that context.
>
> Humble ping.
> I didn't get any comment on this series.

Well, display configuration is going to be rewritten, and while that is
in flight adding new config options isn't a good idea b/c things will
conflict ...

Beside that:  Is a new config option actually needed in the first place?

Ideally qemu (or sdl) would figure on its own that a full core context
isn't available and try fallback to gles then.

cheers,
  Gerd