Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized gue

From: Eric Valette
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized guest OS (on Arndale board)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:51:03 +0100

We would like to make usb work (mouse, keyboard and harddrive) n the guest
OS but we didn't succeed yet.

This is expected. We don't emulate the USB controller on the
vexpress-a15 board, so USB won't work.

- If not, is there a machine compatible with Cortex-A15 which handle usb ?

I'm afraid not.

This is a pity :

KVM -> Cortex A15 (ok or A17 or A57) -> Host A15 -> Guest A15 -> NO USB

And seen in the doc the way you should pass the USB keyboard or Mouse to the guest (which only emulates PS2), I'm wondering if you can get any input from the graphic window (not even speaking about X11 at first, even command line..). We manage to get the prompt on the tty1 console in the graphic windows, by sending via monitor sendkey ctr-alt-f1 but do not manage to have any input there

Is there a way to map Linux host USB keyboard and mouse on Linux guest PS2 emulation we see on the guest?

-- eric