Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized gue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized guest OS (on Arndale board)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:39:21 +0000

On 5 February 2015 at 10:32, Eric Valette <address@hidden> wrote:
> Virtualization on Intel/AMD world is also used to emulate different OS
> (windows on linux, android x86, ...) and there you need performance that you
> can only achieve using KVM...

But you still don't need USB particularly.

> I would like to emulate android on Linux mainly for securing the underlying
> host (more than with container)s and I need to get decent performances so I
> need KVM.

For Android emulation you'll need 3D acceleration to get good
performance anyway, which upstream QEMU doesn't have.

> It unfortunately does not. We do see the emulated PS2 keyboard and mouse in
> the Xorg.0.log guest log file so they seem to be correctly emulated but host
> input is not automatically redirected there. Host input is correctly
> redirected to the monitor part of the graphic qemu windows, not the guest
> part.

This should work, so yes, if it doesn't you'll need to debug why not.
I have no particular advice on where to start, I'm afraid, because
keyboard and mouse input have always just worked for me.

-- PMM