Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized gue

From: Eric Valette
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized guest OS (on Arndale board)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 11:44:06 +0100

On 05/02/2015 11:39, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 5 February 2015 at 10:32, Eric Valette <address@hidden> wrote:
Virtualization on Intel/AMD world is also used to emulate different OS
(windows on linux, android x86, ...) and there you need performance that you
can only achieve using KVM...

But you still don't need USB particularly.

Well USB it almost the only extension bus you have to plug anything on a PC for example...

For Android emulation you'll need 3D acceleration to get good
performance anyway, which upstream QEMU doesn't have.

Granted.

This should work, so yes, if it doesn't you'll need to debug why not.
I have no particular advice on where to start, I'm afraid, because
keyboard and mouse input have always just worked for me.

Too bad.

Thanks for your help.

--eric