qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] (What happened to the pci_databases.c?) Adding Voodoo2 em

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] (What happened to the pci_databases.c?) Adding Voodoo2 emulation.
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:21:17 -0500

On Feb 16, 2017, at 1:27 PM, Jd Lyons wrote:

On Feb 16, 2017, at 12:37 PM, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:

I know that Qemu loads vgabios-stdvga.bin, by default, I changed it to Load the Rom from the Voodoo4, when I emulate the Voodoo4, or the Rage128Pro, when I emulate that.

You figured out how to emulate an ATI Rage 128 Pro? How?

I’m not really emulating the Rage 128 chip, itself, just building it in the Device Tree and Name Space, but it’s enough to get the OS X driver for the card to load. The OS 9 drivers try to load, but for some reason they fail, I really need a good article or book that explains how Classic Mac OS drivers are matched with Hardware.

This might help: http://mirror.informatimago.com/next/ developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/Devices/Devices-2.html