[Qexo-general] XqlServlet

From: Ivelin Ivanov
Subject: [Qexo-general] XqlServlet
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:10:22 -0600

Per,

I am considering writing and donating back to you a servlet (XqlServlet)
which works like
a JspServlet, only for XQL files.
It will eventually detect changes in .xql source files, compile them, load
and execute.
I will be reusing the new Tomcat Jasper code which is quite advanced.
The first phase is to simply load and interpret the servlet without
compiling to bytecode.
The second phase will be to implement the compile controller and
classloader.

I have done some research and this what I found so far:

1) You can run an arbitrary file with:
Shell.runFile(initFile.getPath())

2) If you extend a KawaServlet you implement apply(CallContext), where the
CallContext is a ServletCallContext.

What I cannot figure out easily yet is how do I pass the CallContext to the
Shell, so that the XQL files has access to the request and response
variables.

BTW, I am using 1.6.98. I know it is not the latest.

When I run it with Tomcat 4.0, I get the following output:

The request URI was (using path) .
The request method (using path) was .
The path-info (using path) was

for this script:

The response was {$response}.</p>,
<pre>The request URI was (using path) {$request/requestURI}.
The request method (using path) was {$request/method}.
The path-info (using path) was {$request/pathInfo}</pre>

from your example. It appears that $request/requestURI, $request/method and
$request/pathInfo are not resolved to what is expected.

Looking forward to your advise.

Ivelin Ivanov