Re: [Qexo-general] How to use fn:input()

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] How to use fn:input()
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:58:28 -0800

Denis Goeury wrote:
Hi,
Providing and input document through fn:document() is working fine but
how can you use implicit (unnamed) input documents, which are accessed
using the input() function?

I haven't implemented inpu() because I don't know what the
expected semantics are.  I.e. how do you bind specified
base to whetever the input() function returns?  The
specification is vague:  "The content of the input sequence
is determined in an implementation-defined way."  What did
you have in mind, and what do you want to use it for?
Presumably one way to define the input sequence is using
a command-line flag, but should that be an expression,
a url for an exmpl, a url for a datbase, ...?  You also
want to be able to set the input sequence from a Java
program, presumably.

It would be very useful if somebody could look at other
XQuery implementations, and tell me what they do.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/