Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?

From: Peter Williams
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:46:22 +1000

Tom Rini wrote:
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:36:45PM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

Hello,

On Friday 08 July 2005 12:27, Peter Williams wrote:

Jean Delvare wrote:

Hi all,

What about a new release of quilt soon? There have been quite a few
improvements in CVS recently, it would be great if more people could
take benefit of these.

Andreas?

Before you make this release could you please apply the attached patch?

It adds a "description" which can be used to view and set the
description component of a patch's header.  This will enable me to add
mechanisms for adding/viewing patch descriptions to gquilt.

I have a few comments:

And a request.  The version I believe/hope Joe Green <address@hidden>
posted a while back also used a template for the header, which is quite
useful (I believe a number of groups have come up with something like
this).  It didn't look like this one did that.

It doesn't but it could be extended to do something with templates. E.g. it could take an option which causes it to print a "description" template which users could then modify?

Or, alternatively, the commands (such as "new") that create patches could create a patch file (if it doesn't already exist) with the description template already in it?

Peter
--
Peter Williams                                   address@hidden

 -- Ambrose Bierce