Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?

From: Tom Rini
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:50:36 -0700

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 04:46:22PM +1000, Peter Williams wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
[snip]
> >And a request.  The version I believe/hope Joe Green <address@hidden>
> >posted a while back also used a template for the header, which is quite
> >useful (I believe a number of groups have come up with something like
> >this).  It didn't look like this one did that.
> >

> It doesn't but it could be extended to do something with templates.
> E.g. it could take an option which causes it to print a "description"
> template which users could then modify?
>
> Or, alternatively, the commands (such as "new") that create patches
> could create a patch file (if it doesn't already exist) with the
> description template already in it?

The way the one Joe did works is that when you edit the description, if
there is no header, it inserts the template (commented with //), and
strips out the commented lines when you're done.  If there is already
one, it just add comment at the top "// Editing header for patch
"patchname"."  By default it uses .../lib/quilt/default_header, but will
use the default_header found in the same place as the series file, if it
exists, which is also handy (we have a general header, and then a kernel
one with the DCO in it to remind folks to add the Signed-off-by line).

--
Tom