Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Time for a new release?
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:26:55 +0200

Hi all,

[Peter Williams]
> (...)  I agree that
> "description" is rather a long name and that a shorter one would be
> preferable, e.g. "descr"?.

Remember that quilt commands can already be abreviated by the user as
long as it only matches one full command name. So you can keep the long
"description" name, and "quilt desc" will still work for the lazy of us.

[Peter Williams]
> The "files" command goes part way towards providing the diffstat data
> perhaps it could be modified with an option to add diffstat data to
> its output?

Diffstat data doesn't make much sense without an actual diff, which
quilt files doesn't provide. Maybe it would make more sense to add this
option to "quilt diff" instead, but actually "quilt diff | diffstat"
works just fine for me, so I'm not sure we need anything else.

Thanks,