Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 2/8]

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 2/8]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:58:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andreas, all,

[Andreas Gruenbacher]
> The patch doesn't really fix anything: stderr is not connected to a pipe
> here.

Gery's patch is not preventing the SIGPIPE from happening, it's only
redirecting the "broken pipe" error message to /dev/null. I think it
does indeed work.

But I still don't see this as an acceptable solution. Other errors may
happen, if we start hiding error messages, analysing (or even
detecting!) problems will become impossible.