Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 2/8]

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 2/8]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:56:03 +0200

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 15:58, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Andreas, all,
>
> [Andreas Gruenbacher]
>
> > The patch doesn't really fix anything: stderr is not connected to a pipe
> > here.
>
> Gery's patch is not preventing the SIGPIPE from happening, it's only
> redirecting the "broken pipe" error message to /dev/null. I think it
> does indeed work.

Ah ... right, sorry.

the results I get when adding SIGPIPE handlers into the picture are even more
interesting.

There seems to be a workaround using Process Substitution (which we recently
discussed). This construct seems to work (always?):

    while ...; do
    done < <(...)

This would badly mess up the code though.

-- Andreas.