Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:31:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi Gary,

On 2006-01-26, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> With my UI hat on:  quilt currently has a command "remove" that is used
> to remove a file from the changed list in the current patch.  The command
> used to remove a patch from the series is "delete".  For consistency, in
> these contexts, the message "Failed to delete patch %s\n" makes more
> sense.

My point exactly. In order to avoid user confusion, we should try to
stick to the quilt command terminology in messages wherever possible.
The largest area of confusion is with delete/remove/pop but there are a
few others.

This needs to be done after the upcoming release though, as this is
likely to affect a significant number of messages and we do not have the
time for yet another translation update.

Thanks,