Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac

From: Dean Roehrich
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] fix patch version check in configure.ac
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:35:39 -0600

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 05:13:01AM +0100, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> What do you think about the following alternative: convert all existing patch
> options to -P, and keep all current arguments as they are.

I like changing all existing -p to -P, and I see you've done that.  However,
you changed the -n in import.in to -P and I'm not sure I like that--it doesn't
follow with the other -P uses.  The -P/-p always refers to an existing patch
in the QUILT_PATCHES directory, and this is not necessarily the context with
-n on import.in.  Most people will adapt easily enough to changing their
customary -p to -P, but the -n to -P conversion will cause headaches.  I think
import.in should be reverted.

> In fact I don't really care so much about changing applied, next, previous,
> and unapplied because I've never really grown to use their optional patch
> argument, but I do care about the rest.

Nicht.  Don't.

On the other hand, those commands could taught to know what -P means and to
respond appropriately when it is found, but would otherwise function in the
classic manner.

But still, let's leave them alone.

Dean