Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks

From: Dean Roehrich
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Tests, temporary file leaks
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:56:26 -0600

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 06:42:05PM +0100, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

> > Note that I did _not_ fully update "import" as there seemed to be some
> > disagreement on the recent option renaming from -n to -P. Depending on
> > the outcome, we may need to update bash_completion again before the
> > release.
>
> I don't see an advantage in using -n instead of -P (and thus reverting the -n
> to -p change). Does anybody think that -P as used in import vs. -P as used in
> other commands would confuse users?

If no one else is attached to -n then there's certainly no need to keep it
around.  My concern is purely personal, of course--I type 'import -n' almost
daily, and I rarely use -p/-P on the commands which have it.  On the other
hand, we won't really know until it's packaged and begins to spread; and then
it'll be too late.

I'm not going to object too much.  Compared to adding -P to things like
push/pop, this is nothing.

Dean