Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.4

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.43?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:03:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,

On 2006-02-02, John Vandenberg wrote:
> * Solaris /usr/xpg4/bin/awk fails in mail.in.
>
> Instead of introducing change at this stage, can we simply remove the
> recommendation from the configure output?

No, this would hardly be sufficient. The recommendation still holds with
regards to the tests configure does at the moment. What do we use in
command mail which causes /usr/xpg4/bin/awk to fail? If this can be
easily replaced, let's do that. If not, we need to add a test in
configure, and then removing the recommendation will make sense.

Thanks,