Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.4

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: ftw removed; emacs mode; translations; ready for 0.43?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:17:35 +0100

On Thursday 02 February 2006 07:54, John Vandenberg wrote:
> I have found a few minor issues today ..
>
> * configure.ac uses grep -q instead of $GREP -q in the patch check.
> * There is no checks in place to prevent Sun diff from being used.
>
> The attached patch addresses those two.

Can you commit that?

> * Solaris /usr/xpg4/bin/awk fails in mail.in.
>
> Instead of introducing change at this stage, can we simply remove the
> recommendation from the configure output?

Probably a good idea, yes. It would be interesting to know what fails though.

I would also like to change the way how parameters are currently passed to awk
in many places in one of the next steps, like this:

                awk '
-               $0 == "'"$patch"'"      { exit }
-                                       { print }
-               ' $DB
+               $1 == patch     { exit }
+                               { print }
+               ' patch="${patch//\\/\\\\}" $DB

Andreas