Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 23:26:26 +0700

Hi Jean,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> --charset
>         Specify a particular message encoding on systems which don't use
>         UTF-8 or ISO-8859-15. This character encoding must match the one
>         used in the patches.
>
> Are we good with this?

Yes.

What I'm not sure is that UTF-8 is an encoding but used at "charset".
When "UTF-8" is used in the content-type header line, does it mean
the message used UCS, is the "charset" header used for
encodings, or is charset and encoding interchangeable here?

If we align the name and the description:

Specify a character set for the messages on systems which don't use
UTF-8 or ISO-8859-15.  The specified character set must match...

But I like the original better. ;-)

Anyway here is a Japanese translated string:

UTF-8 や ISO-8859-15 を使っていないシステムで、メールの文字集合を指定。
指定した文字集合は、パッチと一致している必要がある。

I'll send it in a patch form once we decide the wording: charset vs encoding.
--
            yashi