Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon

From: Holger Wansing
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Quilt 0.65 coming soon
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:34:14 +0100

Hi,

Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hallo Holger,
>
> On lun., 2016-11-07 at 12:00 +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Jean Delvare <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > Assuming you have gettext installed:
> > >
> > > $ git pull
> > > $ ./configure
> > > $ make
> > >
> > > Of course I can push untranslated files to the git repository, and push
> > > again when you provide the translation, but this doubles the commit
> > > history of the translation files, so I thought we could avoid it. But
> > > if it makes your work harder, I'll push the untranslated files now,
> > > sorry for the inconvenience.
> >
> > I'm also sorry for this.
> >
> > Since I am only a translator, but not a developer, I didn't know how to
> > update the po here locally.
> >
> > "make updatepo" is common to me, but did not work with quilt.
> >
> > I looked for a README.translators or something like that, to guide me how
> > to update po file. But I didn't find anything like that.
>
> I understand. First of all, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that you
> are providing translations for quilt even if you are not using it. It is
> very nice of you.
>
> I just wrote a patch adding a target "updatepo" to the Makefile, which
> should do what you expect. I'll post it now, please tell me if that fits
> in your workflow.

Wow, adding such target would be cool!
Thanks for taking care of this.

And, yes, the patch works fine.
I have implemented and tested it: it works like it should, and it fits
well into my workflow as translator :-)

Thank you

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
        D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .