[RP] Completion

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: [RP] Completion
Date: Mon Aug 26 19:10:01 2002

Tab completion is one of the nicest UI inventions ever, so I'd say it is a
natural fit for Ratpoison.  With the below patch, "colon" will do
completion with RP commands, "exec" with executables found in $PATH and
"select" will complete against window names.

This patch is of course not perfect.  When the possible completions are
to many to fit in the window that's supposed to show them, only the
first n that fits are displayed.  There is no way to page through them
like in bash or Emacs.  In practice this may not matter, the only time
they won't fit for me is when trying to show all possible executables
on my system.  I'll see what I can do about this some time in the
future.

Booting... /vmemacs.el