Re: [RP] Completion

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: Re: [RP] Completion
Date: Thu Aug 29 22:11:02 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:45:27PM -0700, Shawn Betts wrote:
> But seriously guys. Tab completing commands?

Tab completing ratpoison commands is not very important. Tab
completing executables (which this patch also does) seems
somewhat more defensible. However, I believe only filename
completion (which we don't have yet) would be really useful.
(it's rather annoying when I don't remember the exact path to
something, and have to open an xterm to do some ls-ing)
Thus, completion would be used only with exec, and might as
well be handled by an external program. (I don't imply that
I have the time or knowledge to write something like that,
though)

Magnus