Re: [RP] Re: resize patch

From: sabetts
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: resize patch
Date: Thu Feb 13 14:56:02 2003

> I'm wondering, though, why there is a special resize state/mode?  Why
> not have commands for deeper, shallower, etc., without going into a
> special mode?  Emacs, for example, has pretty much these commands,
> but you don't need to go into a special mode for them.

Hi Jay,

If you supply 0 arguments to the resize command it is interactive. If you
supply 2 arguments, the first argument is the number of pixels to resize
horizontally and the other vertically. To shrink, provide negative
arguments.

> The only advantage of having a special resize mode is to be able to
> leave it and restore the original settings.

Well, there is that, which hasn't been implemented yet. And when you resize
I think it's easier to fine tune the frame size interactively than by
repeating the command over and over (which is available to you if you want
it).

> I'm not sure how
> important that is though; it seems to me that it'd be more useful to
> be able to save a window configuration and recall it later.  (I
> realize that this is somewhat close to workspaces, but I don't think
> it's there, and for example emacs has this capability.)

Yes, this is in the works :). More patches to be applied Real Soon Now(tm),
I Promise(tm), No Really(tm), This Time For Sure(not like last time)(tm),
Believe Me(tm), Please(tm),Honestly I Mean C'Mon Now(tm),This Is Me We're
Talking About(tm).

Shawn