Re: [RP] [Mike Warren <address@hidden>] ratpoison idea

From: Simon White
Subject: Re: [RP] [Mike Warren <address@hidden>] ratpoison idea
Date: Fri Apr 4 01:43:19 2003

> I don't know how feasible this might be, but: it would be neat to
> combine the idea of smaller windows from LarsWM and/or the idea of
> sort of iconic-windows from Enlightenment so that either all the time
> or when you do C-t w, you see:
>
> +-----+------------------------+
> |     |                        |
> |     |                        |
> |-----|                        |
> |     |                        |
> |     |                        |
> |-----|                        |
> |     |                        |
> |     |                        |
> |-----|                        |
> |     |                        |
> |     |                        |
> +-----+------------------------+

That would be cool, eye-candy type of thing, but you'd have to put in a
lot of work, right? It's like taking a screenshot, reducing it, and then
displaying it in each window... hmmm.

> Mike, ratpoison fan,
>
> PS: a friend almost died laughing when I told him, ``all you need to
> do to get a browser is type control tee and then exclamation mark,
> then type mozilla and hit return. Then control-tee and capital
> Q.''. Well, actually the laughing was when he realized I was serious
> ;)

I just do:

CTRL-a b <webadress>

Thanks to:
.ratpoisonrc
---
bind b colon exec phoenix/phoenix http://

Indeed, have you seen that Phoenix is going to become the default
browser for Mozilla? Just announced yesterday in their new roadmap. Very
interesting, and cool that the fix is already in ratpoison for that.

Incidentally, the keyboard rules. Mice are for wimps :)

--
[------Sunny in Rabat, 9°C/48°F. Wind: ENE strength 2. Humidity: 93%-----]
How to ask Questions the Smart Way, by Eric S. Raymond. Including before