Re: [RP] neat trick

From: Caleb Shay
Subject: Re: [RP] neat trick
Date: Fri Apr 25 07:19:12 2003

It figures.  Now that I mention it, I can't reproduce it either.  It was
happening every single time for a few days, so I just stopped using xmms
and switched to cplay.  This was using 1.2.0-beta3.

It's probably not any help, but this was always my screen layout when it
happened

0 = mozilla
1 = gabbber
2 = tvtime
3 = xterm
4 = xdaliclock
5 = xmms (crash as soon as this was launched)

_______________________
|0            |1   |2 |
|             |____|__|
|             |4  |5  |
|             |___|___|
|             |3      |
|             |       |
|             |       |
|             |       |
|_____________|_______|

While I'm posting, I'd like to throw in a feature request, and it SHOULD
be a really easy one to implement.  I want a "sleep N" command which
just keeps ratpoison from executing any commands for N seconds.  Why?
Because, as you can see, I use a fairly complex frame layout with a few
programs that are slow to launch, if I just put the various exec
commands + splits + vsplits into my .ratpoisonrc, my applications end up
in a different frame every time I start since depending on how long it
takes the window to map, a different frame may have focus.

Cheers,

Caleb