Re: [RP] patches

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] patches
Date: Fri May 23 17:50:06 2003

"Joshua Neuheisel" <address@hidden> writes:

> Let me throw out a similar suggestion:
>
> What if we had a ratpoison-experimental CVS branch?  This branch would run
> parallel to the main branch but would include patches that could be 'turned
> on-or-off' with configure options.  If no patches are chosen, it would be
> identical to the main build.  That way if someone wanted my Xft patch and
> Rupert's dumphistory patch, they would configure the experimental branch
> with "./configure --with-xft --enable-dumphistory" or the like.

Yeah, it's true. I've let a lot of patches slide :|.

What about a module system? Something where you could write a bar
module and a module that loads several commands. That way rp would be
more modular and less *ahem* nasty :). And you could swap in the mods
you want...including swapping out the core mods.

This seems a bit better than having patches laying around.

Shawn