Re: [RP] Maximize terminal?

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: [RP] Maximize terminal?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:08:39 -0500

On 8/26/05, Daniel Link <address@hidden> wrote:
> ~/.ratpoisonrc:
> exec fbsetbg -r ~/Bilder/Hintergrundbilder && xsetroot -solid black
>
> So you use a "real" background program first and then paint the root
> window black again. Voila. This way you're nice background image is only
> visible in terminals. And since you usually don't have empty frames,
> this is a wonderful allround solution :)

Hmmm, that's interesting... I never thought about the fact that,
because xsetroot doesn't affect the atoms used for (modern) pixmap
handling (and thus transparency), that you can use xsetroot afterwards
to only view the transparency...

This is great for those splits where the terminal increment handling
spazzes out leaving big gaps...

Good call!