Re: re[4]: [rdiff-backup-users] Win32 question

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: re[4]: [rdiff-backup-users] Win32 question
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:45:01 -0800

  GF> === First Error immediately after starting pythonwin
  GF> line 27, in ?  import _librsync, types, array ImportError: DLL
  GF> load failed: The specified module could not be found.

  GF> I have the librsync .a and .dll files that I built in cygwin.

  GF> I have copied them to python2.2.2/DLLs and python2.2.2/libs

Hmm, I had not anticipated these kinds of errors.  If Python is
buggier/different on win32 than it is on linux, the porting job may be
significantly harder (I thought the trouble would just be figuring out
which file attributes to compare, removing ownership information, and
things like that).

Anyway, I would first make sure that you can import modules like C and
_librsync directly:

~/prog/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup $ python
Python 2.2.1 (#1, Aug 30 2002, 12:15:30)
[GCC 3.2 20020822 (Red Hat Linux Rawhide 3.2-4)] on linux2
>>> import C, _librsync

If that fails, then it is some win32 import problem.  If that works,
but they can't be important from the larger program, maybe it is a
path problem, or maybe a circular dependency problem.

  GF> line 460, in ?  class PatchITRB(rorpiter.ITRBranch):
  GF> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ITRBranch'

  GF> Finally a bug that actually relates to your code.  (At least I
  GF> think it does).

ITRBranch is in rorpiter.py, so this looks like rorpiter wasn't
successfully imported.

--
Ben Escoto