Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Trying to backup and restore root-partition...

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Trying to backup and restore root-partition...
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 00:38:05 -0800

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:07:06 +0100
Oliver Kaltenecker <address@hidden> wrote:
> for /: rdiff-backup --force \
>                      --print-statistics \
>                      --exclude-device-files \
>                      --exclude-other-filesystems \
>                      --exclude /dev \
>                      --exclude /srv \
>                      client::/ \
>                      /mirror/client/wurzel
>
> For restore I do the following:
> for /: rdiff-backup --force \
>                      --print-statistics \
>                      --exclude-device-files \
>                      --exclude-other-filesystems \
>                      --restore-as-of now \
>                      /mirror/client/wurzel \
>                      client::/
>
> The restore of the srv partition works well but the restore of the root
> partition throws the following error messages:
> KeyError: devloc

Hmm, can you try the restore without --exclude-other-filesystems and
with -v6 and tell me what it says before the final error?  That
information will hopefully narrow it down to one file.

If the problem is restoring hard links, it may work if you use
--no-hard-links when restoring.  But I'd still like to see the -v6
info.

--
Ben Escoto